Learn to help horses & expand your skills!
1 day; $120/person: Introduction to fascia basics. No experience needed. Book is required for attendance. Groups of 6 or more.. Book required for attendance.
$250/ 2 Day workshops. Book required for attendance. Weekends.
Seminars offered the evening before the weekend workshop (usually from 6-8 PM) with a live horse demonstration. Seminars are open to Auditors. Question period.. Saturday & Sunday workshops are not open to auditors since this is “hands on” learning. Auditor Seminar fee: $25.
Level 1: Basics, scan, compensations, horse responses
Level 2: Compensation patterns, movement & stance dynamics
Level 3: Advanced Compensations
Level 4: Advanced series work solving limits
Is Your Horse 100%? – required text for all workshops & tutorials.
Certification: $300, with marketing platform after Level 4 completion & certificate..
Study for 4 days. Diverse horses. Counts for Levels 1, 2, 3 or 4; $1250/level. Combo packages for 1 & 2, or 2 & 3.
2019 SPECIAL: 4 DAY Tutorial, LEVEL 1, 2 or 3, $1150; 2 Level Combo Package: $1850. Contact us for details.
Margret and Dorothy Crosby, Centered Riding Level III Instructor/Clinician at Southmowing Farms, Vermont, for Soft Riders, Soft Horses Workshops. These “combo” workshops offer group Centered Riding Basics (with private or group rides with Dorothy instructing) and Conformation Balancing Workshops for hand-on-horse practice. Watch for the 2019 Workshop Schedule.
“Amazing clinic…love the soft horses and soft rider idea…so amazing to see the results.”
“Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. This was an incredible workshop; I learned so much. “
- Ask about Tutorials, ongoing schedule.
- Weekend Workshops:
- Rancho Mariposa, Lamy, NM, Sat, March 23, 9-4 PM.
- Rancho Mariposa, Lamy, NM, Sat, April 27, 9-4 PM.
- Rancho Mariposa, Lamy, NM, Sat May 25 & 26, 9-4 PM.
- Dates TBA: Soft Riders, Soft Horses Workshop with Dorothy Crosby, Centered Riding, Southmowing Farms, Guildord, VT; Dorothy Crosby, Cented Riding, 603-446-3685; crosbyequi-librium.com
- 2019 Soft Riders/Soft Horses Workshops: Learn Centered Riding Basics (renowned Sally Swift program) and Conformation Balancing for your horse in one weekend. Dorothy Crosby (pictured at left in photo to right) Fun for rider, healing spa for horse!Workshops in Vermont & New Mexico. New Host Barns welcome.
- Master Tutorials: Continuing Education for certified practitioners & horse professionals. These tutorials dive into methods for increasing suppleness, poll flexion, sacral freedom, collection maintenance releases and head/jaw freedom. This tutorial is a “must” for those practicing with dressage, jumping and other high requirement riding. The Master Tutorials also resolve elusive limits from repetitious riding and early starting problems.
- Remember: horses like humans need maintenance besides shoes, vitamins, saddles and feed. Fascia balancing allows all the pieces to harmonize efficiently. Fascia is NOT an extra, it’s the basic internet for the horse’s body.
- Contact us to host or book workshop & tutorials.
In May, I attended a workshop presented by Margret Henkels on Conformation Balancing for horses. …. I read her book, “Is Your Horse 100%?” and watched the video. I knew I had to learn more. I flew to NM to study with her for a week. The course was amazing. Margret arranged for me to experience a wide variety of horses with a wide variety of conformation issues; the whole time I was working with her one on one. She was right there with answers to my questions and suggestions about staying safe. It was like a mini apprenticeship; there is no better way to learn.
At home, I started working with my horses using the methods I learned to promote fascia change and bring about Conformation Balancing. My horses are loving the time I spend with them and I am already seeing changes for the better. I will complete the levels for certification in the near future. To me it seems the perfect way to promote well being in our horse partners!! Bette